Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Whole Person

So, tomorrow after school mom and I are heading to Tulsa.  Thursday is the Whole Person Scholarship Competition Day!!!  I don't really know what to expect other than I'll be in a bunch of interviews, then the rest of the weekend is chill, College Weekend.  Anyways, the Whole Person Scholarship is a FULL RIDE scholarship to Oral Roberts University (where I will be attending as a freshman this fall).  It's awarded to those that were nominated and that they see as Whole Persons-spiritually, physically, and soulfully.  They give out about 30 each year and I have been praying and believing and claiming one of those scholarships as mine, and I've been claiming every other scholarship I've applied for too.  Seriously, I have an army of believers in agreement with me about it too and it's so comforting to have that kind of support.  But an even better support than my church family is support from God Himself.
Some of the ladies from church prayed for me yesterday and one of them, Mrs. Vicki, when we finished, told me to look up Ephesians 2:10.  So last night I went and looked it up and I didn't really understand what it was saying (I looked it up in NKJV).  So I looked it up in the Amplified and I was so happy with what I read.
"For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]."
GOD HAS PLANS FOR ME!  Now, I'm not totally ignorant! I already knew this, but I had been so stressed out about all this college and scholarship and financial and graduation and prom stuff lately that it was like I was getting this revelation for the first time again.  God wants me to live the life He's planned for me, and it's a great life.  I don't know what all it entails yet, but I've been receiving some hints about it lately and it's made me so excited.  But if I'm going to receive all the blessings and provisions He has waiting for me, I have to live life HIS way and strive after relationship with HIM, not His blessings.  I have to take the paths that He leads me down, I can't stray off because something's "shiny."  His plans HAVE TO COME FIRST!
My point is, I'm believing that His plan includes ALLLLLL of my college tuition, room and board, books, food, car, etc, being paid for in FULL through scholarships (mainly the Whole Person), and HIS provision: not through my own provision nor my parents'.
God is so magnificent.

Jeremiah 29:11       "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for WELFARE and PEACE and not for evil, to give you HOPE IN YOUR FINAL OUTCOME."
2 Corinthians 9:8    "And God is able to make ALL grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in ABUNDANCE, so that you may ALWAYS and under ALL circumstances and WHATEVER THE NEED, be SELF-SUFFICIENT [possessing enough to require NO AID OR SUPPORT and FURNISHED IN ABUNDANCE for every good work and charitable donation].
God Bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment