Monday, March 29, 2010

Chosen

So, the past couple of days I have been feeling this kind of urging in my spirit about something God was wanting to tell me.  He had revealed a couple of things here and there but I just wasn't answering it.  So today Joel asked me if I wanted to do a devo and of course I was like YAHHHHH!  He asked what we should do it on and I got that nudge again in my spirit.  I said we should do one about being chosen, but not the kind of chosen that people usually think of when it comes to God's plan for their lives [that's what I was feeling at least].  So I told Him "why you were chosen and what you were chosen for." I didn't quite know where God was going to go with it and later on after I told Joel my revelation he was like [paraphrasing here] "that's not what I was expecting, but that's so good! I'm still shaken up."
So, I sit down on my bed, get out my Bible and go to the concordance in the back [thank God for those things].  I look up "chose," and "chosen," etc.  One of the scriptures was Ephesians 1:4.  I read it and was like "daaaaang," so I backed up to verse 3 and read all the way through chapter 1.  For real! Probably the BIGGEST revelation of my life! I've read this scripture so many times but God definitely opened the eyes of my understanding to it in a whole new perspective.  Then He started revealing things through His Spirit to me and I started writing it down.
So, here's Ephesians 1:3-23 in the Message, because I like the way they put it, and then what God had me write down.
"3-6How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.
 7-10Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.
 11-12It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
 13-14It's in Christ that you, once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves home free—signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first installment on what's coming, a reminder that we'll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.
 15-19That's why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn't stop thanking God for you—every time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks. But I do more than thank. I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!
 20-23All this energy issues from Christ: God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything. At the center of all this, Christ rules the church. The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ's body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence."


"I chose you-not to be Jesus, but to be Jessica.  My specific plan for you is different from what my plan for Jesus was.  You can do the same kinds of miracles, shine the same Light, and be the same example He was.  But, I placed a different amount of hairs on your head, I destined for you to go different places, preach to different people, have different talents.  Jesus isn't your idol, the One you are to reciprocate, I Am.  Jesus is just you're example, your inspiration.  What Jesus did lets you know that you can do ALL things through Me-aka-the Anointing-aka-Christ [because in Hebrew 'Christ' means anointing or the Anointed One] who strengthens you.  Just as Jesus was meant to be and then became Christ-the Anointing or Anointed One, SO ARE YOU!  You're meant to be and operate in, and as, Christ-the Anointing that I provide you with.  JESUS Christ is the HEAD of Christ-the Church-the Anointed Ones-because He became the first Christ through Me.  YOU are the BODY of Christ when you operate in My anointing.  It's the same Anointing and I'm the same God.  So, don't try to be 'Jesus' to people.  Be Christ-the Anointing to people.  Be Jessica Christ-the one I've adopted, the one I've chosen, the one I've Anointed!"


GLORY!!!
This was SUCH AN EYE OPENER! Because lately I've kinda adopted the phrase "be Jesus to people" or something like that.  But "no," God's saying! "You're not Jesus. I don't need you to be Jesus. I need you to be Jessica. I've called you just as I've called everyone that knows my love. BUT, I've CHOSEN you as well. For a specific purpose and a specific day."
He needs us to be....well....US! He needs me to be me and you to be you. When we operate in His anointing we are just as much Christ as Jesus is. It's Christ-the Anointing-that lives on the inside of us! It's Christ who God has CHOSEN for us to be.
I urge you, take this revelation that God gave me and insert your name where it says "Jessica." Make it personal to you because this wasn't something God had just for me.  He revealed this to me so I could tell everyone. These kinds of revelations aren't meant to be kept secret! They're meant to be shouted from the mountain top!
Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment