Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Burn Us Up

Devotion 12.15.09
This past weekend I went to a Shane & Shane concert. I had never
listened to them, I was mainly there for Phil Wickham, but I was
totally blown away! They are so awesome! Their vocals are so tight and
the lyrics and melodies are so creative, but the best part is that
they do what they do for God's glory!
They have this one song called "Burn Us Up." It's about Shadrach,
Meshach, and Abed-Nego. Where they got the inspiration for it totally
blew my mind. One of the Shanes was talking about how he was casually
reading the story of these three guys and this scripture popped out at
him. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego were before the king explaining
why they wouldn't bow before his golden idols and said he might as
well throw them into the furnace. They said "If we are thrown into the
blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will
rescue us from your power, your Majesty. But even if He doesn't, we
want to make it clear to you, your Majesty, that we will never serve
your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up." (Daniel
3:17-18) NLT.
They believed with all they had that God would deliver them because
they were staying faithful to Him and Him alone. But they said that
even if God didn't deliver them, even if God was going to let them
burn, they weren't going go serve any other God, they weren't going to
worship something that wasn't real! They were that faithful to God!
So my question today is: even if God wouldn't heal us, wouldn't bless
us, wouldn't relay mercy on us, wouldn't comfort us, wouldn't save us
from the furnace that earth is metaphorically, would we still worship
Him, and Him alone, faithfully?
It's a hands down decision for me! Of course I would! If all I knew
was that God loved me and that He was all powerful and was at least
ABLE to do those things for me if He wanted to, that would be good
enough for me! It SHOULD be good enough for me! He gave me life, He
gave you life! He's most definitely worthy enough to have a life of
worship devoted to Him just because of that alone! Just because He's
God!
Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment